Thursday, October 8, 2015

10/8/15  Thursday, I think.

Both David and I are whipped whelps. We spent much of this morning researching and discussing weather over the next week. Loving NYC and, ast, anxious to continue our journey south. We're considering Saturday as best possible as all stands now...wind, tides, waves. We'll continue to check a couple times each day. However, time to do the laundry and restock provisions, pay our mooring bill and "pump out" the poopie holding tank.

I took a dance class w/my friend Diana. Fun to be in class. A good, solid technique class, pretty standard and as Diana says, "safe for older bodies." There were barres and the teacher, Naomi (Goldberg-Hauss?), had us put our leg on the barre to stretch. Wow! I haven't had my leg on a barre in YEARS. Felt good. It was pretty challenging, having been on a boat for 3 weeks, trying to balance en releve, even on 2 feet. I could only approximate the balance. But tonight is definitely an Ibuprophen night.

We women met our Davids for lunch at the Barking Dog. Then my David and I took off, via subway with a bunch of changes, to the site of the 9/11 World memorial. I felt Soooooo competent using the subway and finding our way! Lots of construction down there at the Chamber St stop. The reflecting, disappearing pool, in the footprint of the destroyed buildings - north and south towers - were stunning and, I thought, totally appropriate. We found Howard Kestenbaum's name in the South tower surround, the brother of a friend in Maine. All very tasteful and touching memory. I was stunned and startled to see several romantic couples using the pools as backdrops for their photos. Something about that that I can't quite resolve for myself.

South Tower Pool


A stop in mid-town at West Marine where we got additional sailing/mooring advice, welcomed advice, and MORE walking to get to the proper subway line for our uptown trip.

And now, zoonked!

No comments:

Post a Comment