Sunday, October 4, 2015

10/4/15

OMG, what is that odd color in the sky? BLUE! Sing along..."blue skies smiling at me/us, mostly it's blue skies that we see..." I think it's been about 6 days now....and, the wind has died down to a modest 15 knots. Hurrah!

Amelia and I were sitting in the pilot house this morning...our morning coffee and boat sit which used to be the pond sit...a new sound, scratching sound. I comforted kitty she STARED at the skylight, wide-eyed. A hugh seagull was...on our roof top (cabin/pilot house top, since we're a boat and not a house), with a fish in its mouth...fish flopping for dear life. Kitty ran below. Nancy ran (well, 2 steps if you can call that running) to open the door and wave my arms to get the seagull to leave. It did. Left the beat up, but not dead, fish on our "roof". I rescued it...enough to through it back in the water. It did NOT float so I'm assuming it had some life still in it. What excitement - an interloper and a rescue AND blue sky, all in the same morning.

Water taxi to town, visits w/neighbors on the dock, long walk to pizza at Salvatories, a yard sale, hardware store for pipe insulation (to further insulate the skylight where cold air streams in when the wind blows hard (or soft, really), food store and home to boat for cocktails on the aft deck. It is that warm and beautiful. Wind still blowing but warm sun and, did mention, BLUE sky


Aft deck cocktails at sunset
Many of us are thinking to spend another day here and leave Tuesday. We're considering leaving tomorrow, depending upon the tides at East River, and going up the Hudson for a day or two while the seas off NJ calm a bit. David is doing research. I'll call the 79th St Boat Basin for some updates. I clearly remember walking to and by that Boat Basin when I lived in NYC 40 years ago and loving the look of it. Never suspected I might be visiting on my own boat. Career/life planning was/is not my strong point but my great good fortune continues to full develop. Blessed, I am.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Loved the verbal video of kitty spotting seagull overhead, Nancy rescuing fish. Life on the water, vividly illustrated! Suzanne in Swansboro

    ReplyDelete