Monday, December 11, 2017

gone a week and still on land

Matthews, VA - on land

Grrrrrr. In spite of the beauty of this day - sunshine, 48 degrees, blue sky - frustration that Grace is still on relatively dry land. Mechanic, John, is working away but David and I have pretty much done all we can to ready the boat without getting in the way and given that the entire boat interior is torn apart to accommodate the engine repair.

We've put three sails back on and there are mountains of stuff to re-settle, clean and do AFTER she goes in the water before leaving for NC and onward. And, the weather is just getting colder. Never mind that today and tomorrow are to be deliciously warm and brilliant. Next week is looking sucky. Meanwhile, no pushing of Mercury! Even knowing the expense we're incurring I'm a bit more sanguine about our frustrating predicament than David is. He noted he was fearful I'd loose patience and abandon this trip (and him). I will loose patience/have lost, to some extend, but will not abandon the trip and certainly not him. We'll just make decisions as to how and how far to travel based on weather and comfort as those decisions present. We can't reasonably decide some things in advance. In for the pound at this point (reference to n 4 penny, n 4 lb.).

Mighty Mender and I worked together again today. MM complained but I pushed it to sew those fabric shelves. Together we succeeded. I still have to hand sew the loops that will attach to the screw eyes in the closet and then a final fit before putting the bias hem on the front edges.

Amelia and I went for a short stroll in the apartment yard today. She is pretty timid but wants to be outside for a bit. She more enjoyed going out on the deck a couple times this evening. While David was grocery shopping I put up "our" Christmas tree, the one our host left for us to use or not as we chose. Most of the lights flash. It is made of 6 triangles of plasticized chicken wire. I like it and it makes me feel more seasonal and festive. It's on the deck beside the picnic umbrella which looks a bit like a stage curtain.

Joy!                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment