Sunday, February 28, 2016

2/28/16        Sunday         Boot Key/Marathon, FL

Gentle, slow beginning to the day this morning. Listened in on the Cruisers' Net and decided to buy the Rosette Stone Spanish Language CDs. Here I go again, learning Spanish. I've decided to just "learn Spanish" rather than "try to learn Spanish", hoping that trying has been holding me back all these many years. In reality I probably just need to immerse myself...you know, go to Costa Rica and live with a family who doesn't speak English, live there for at least one month.

Showered, danced/improvised for 1/2 hour in the park pavilion, back to marina to compute....and my phone broke. David and I are having a tough time w/phones. Don't know what happened. I was texting a friend and the keyboard quit working. I pressed send and the keyboard disappeared, not to be seen again....so far. I see/hear that I'm getting messages (text and email), I was able to answer a phone call but I cannot open the keyboard in order to get to my home page. All contact information, photos, etc are locked inside. I may just decide to never again "lock" my phone and need a password. The AT&T service person, Eddie, was great today but "the phone is broken". And I still owe abt $90 so they won't take it back and there is no guarantee (?). Not sure how long I've had this phone, pretty sure it is no longer under warranty. Might be time to check out those AARP phone plans. Meanwhile I'M WITHOUT A PHONE! I feel naked and invisible - odd combination - and really NOT independent. Damn and double damn. This will be good training.....for something...nursing home training.

We spent several hours in the AT&T store. The good news is that David did get all his contacts and photos and messages transferred from his broken LG phone to his unbroken Samsung phone. Larger than small mercies. I noticed that I wasn't pissy about just sitting and waiting for our turn. Grateful that my attitude of impatience has adjusted itself a bit. Grateful. I'm no fun for myself or anyone else when I'm impatient, pissy or snarky.

Back on the boat it is warm and comfortable. Kitty is happy. David is making a cob stew of some sort for his dinner. I had a really late lunch and may not indulge. I've a little computer battery left so might listen to a Rosette Stone CD.

We're going to visit Sheila in Key West again tomorrow. We'll take the bus, about 1 hour each way, $1.50 each way. Supposed to be beautiful tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment