Friday, February 26, 2016

2/26/16   Friday  Boot Key/Marathon, FL

Today would have been the 81st birthday of our friend, Wayne Hollingworth. He died last April. I've been thinking about him a lot today, missing him, thinking how we might have been more helpful to him in his last weeks and days. Absolutely, we did the best we could with the information and experience we had. Only with the privilege of retrospect, we might have made different decisions with and for him. We might have let him die sooner. We might have brought him home to our house or even to his house. We might have stopped the teaching hospital's "another test" or "another procedure", knowing that his systems were shutting down and nothing was going to stop that process, at most a day or two delay in the progress. Deep sigh. And I know that we did the best we could and that everything we did was in love with/toward this dear friend. I look forward to seeing Wayne's family again and to scattering his ashes this summer.

Meanwhile, life in Boot Key Harbor is satisfying to me, today. David had a more difficult day...an alarm went off in our boat while we were at the marina so he had to come back to see what the problem was - smoke alarm had something sitting on it so it couldn't breath, FedX brought his new phone but no one was available to sign for it so David had to bicycle to the airport later to retrieve the package. It was a tiring and trying day for him.

I met a friend and we worked on sewing our pine needles into the bottom portion of our basket projects. And I stayed w/the boat - ALONE - well, with Amelia, while David went for his phone. Had a lovely conversation w/Mary Allen of Coffee By Design. What a lovely human she is. I didn't get as much computer research and work completed as I'd hoped but there is tomorrow...after the yard sale.

My life is rich and I am so very blessed.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment