Saturday, February 20, 2016

2/19/16         Friday                Boot Key/Marathon, FL

The north wind persists. For a few hours today it turned to the east with slightly warmer temps. Now back to the north.

I skipped yoga today, not my favorite teacher. Took off on my bike to the library...an easy 3 blocks mostly through parking lot and on sidewalk. Route #1 is too fast and too busy to be comfortable biking on the road. Watched a movie as part of my preparation for grant writing next week. Biked back for what felt like 7 blocks because the wind was so strong in my face.

Wonderful lunch by the water w/Dick & Nora then back to the boat by 4:30, thinking to join them again after a nap. We'd wanted to take them exploring by dinghy but the harbor is too choppy with the wind. Sigh. I feel as if we've not been able to share much of OUR experience on the boat because of the wind.

Took our naps from 5 - 8 PM, got up for a little reading and an Emergen-C and back to sleep.

A weird day.

No comments:

Post a Comment