Friday, January 8, 2016

1/8/16     Friday     Stuart, FL

Yoga. Yes! I accosted a woman with a yoga mat on the dock yesterday and discovered she was taking a class about 3/4 mile from here. Got the info and went today for a Yin class. Now Yin yoga is a little more passive than I prefer, give my love of action and movement. The class was excellent, though, and, ironically, right in line with a new book I'm reading. This teacher's approach was to remind us that Yin was about releasing control or the illusion of control. My new book, The Alchemist, is about staying in the present and, thus, being able to respond, rather than trying to control the/our future. All this today. Before noon! So tomorrow I'll take the yin/vinyasa class and get some movement as well as the more subtle releasing into a pose. I liked that this teacher talked about relaxing/releasing and something about how to do that when we encounter people/ideas that make us angry, and our need to control those people. Not possible. Only able to influence through living our lives...in the present.

So, I took the dinghy into the dock to walk to yoga. Such a liberating thing to leave the boat - and David and Amelia - and travel solo. I know I do it pretty easily but usually David and I travel together, leaving the boat together as we have only one dinghy. I wonder how we can translate sharing a vehicle when we get back to living on land with one car. Maybe we'll learn to use our bikes more though biking in Maine is much different than biking in flat Florida.

We DO continue to look for a folding bike for me to have so we can bike together. Hmmm. Duh.

Back on Grace David and I had lunch then he took off in the dinghy, borrowed a bike and made a grocery run. I had a nap and a read and phoned my friend, Elizabeth, needing to have some voice time w/a Maine friend.

A lovely day, all in all! David and I had a beer on the aft deck in a light rain storm that produced a rainbows and these pretty sunsets.


No comments:

Post a Comment