Sunday, November 15, 2015

11/14/15  Saturday

Our first visitors in NC! Patsy, Gary, Kay (cousins) and friends Denis and Mary drove down from Winston to see the boat and meet/re-meet Amelia, visiting us in Beaufort. They arrived mid-morning. David had some cyber work to do, ordering an AIS transmitter, so we walked around town while he took care of that task in the dockmaster's office. It took a while because the dockmaster crew had not used the scanner before. An educational experience for crew there. Then we all piled into the van for a trip to Harker's Island (not to be confused with Harker's Ferry PTA, I think). So lovely to see again the long view of water, marsh, sand dunes. I love it and should have taken a photo or two...but didn't. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to add some.

Kay moved onto the boat with us for the night. Our FIRST overnight guest!!! The couples had rented a B&B a few blocks away. We all went out to dinner in Morehead at the Ruddy Duck, a Gary favorite that had delicious food. We saw "fake albacore" fish  as the fishing boats had just landed. Great dinner then back to  Beaufort to meet Lee and Suzanne for dessert, as if any of us needed dessert after the big meal. But it was an opportunity for the Winston crew to visit w/Suzanne, so we enjoyed the desserts and each other's company

Seems all of us were in bed really early (9:00 PM-ish). All that fresh air and sun, no doubt.

I'm hoping our friends and relatives will share photos they took so that I can share some of them here. I'm pretty lame in the photo department. Not that I'm so bad at it, I just don't think of it when I have phone available. The one below was taken by Lee when he and Suzanne visited yesterday.



1 comment: