Friday, November 13, 2015

11/13/15  Friday

A delicious day in port on Grace. Up around 7 AM, coffee, then kitty and I took a trip to the foredeck, until the boat next door decided to leave and kitty took a dive back inside. David got up and we did boat tasks all morning. Amelia had a difficult morning. There was the vacumn cleaner which I mostly used in the front of the boat so she could escape to the aft cabin. But then there was David on the outside of the boat scrubbing and hoseing down the outside. Oh dear. One new and startling sound after another for poos kitty. She even found a new place to hide! I knew she hadn't left the boat but where was she? Not on the aft bunk. Not on either of the quarter berths. Not on the galley seatee. I finally found her buried behind all the clothes in the aft hanging closet. A first for her. Nothing to do but take a break and sit w/her while I read a chapter in my book.

Got my weekly shower in, as did David, ready for all sorts of family company. Also got the end cap on the arm rest of the pilot house settee. Not ideal but good enough for now. Suzanne and Lee came to visit this afternoon.
Suzanne and Lee bookend Nancy and David
We had brownies and coffee and great chat/visit. Suzanne helped me hem some curtains and had ideas that I think are working about soaking the curtains to get the mold stains out. Lee helped David with a construction project and with extending the backstay.

I gave the extra brownies to the crew of the sailboat, Wild Horses, that had such a difficult crossing from Annapolis and that pulled in yesterday. A young group of 6-8 men and women. Several of them were coming along the dock and I ran out with our leftovers. They were delighted. "Oh, they're still warm!", responded one of the women. I told them to enjoy and just return the pan. I have no details of the passage but know they damaged a stanchion and maybe ripped out a sail and apparently everything is wet and now everything is spread out on one of the finger piers.

Suzanne and Lee left and we joined our new friends Mark (on Sea World from Sydney) and Rosie and Sim (on Wandering Star from England but sailing in the Caribean and US for the past 11 years) for "wooden nickle" beers at the local pub, then home for left overs and final arrangements for tomorrow's family visit.

Also had a brief chat w/another of my loves, Don Grieco, just because I was thinking of him back in Maine getting ready for winter.

I love. I am loved. How fortunate I am. Meanwhile, Paris is in complete distress, as is the world with this most recent terrorist attack. My heart swells with my good fortune and hurts with the distress of so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment