Thursday, November 12, 2015

11/12/15   FOUND IT!! My toothbrush charger. Cleverly - stupidly - stored/hidden where no one would ever look and totally buried for all practical purposes. I can only imagine it fell, or I temporarily placed it because my hands were full and I got distracted, in the locker under the seatee at the end of the table where the cushion is nearly impossible to get off. Good thing company is coming so that we have a reason to clean house/boat. Just like land home in Freeport - invite people to visit so you will clean. I needed to dig into that locker to get some fabric. This morning we spent abt 2.5 hours "organizing" some of our spaces. David did a terrific job of tackling the fo'c'sle - our Fibber Magee's closet/storage space, soon to be spare berth/bedroom. We took a bag of boat stuff to the marine consignment store and traded it for ONE item that David wanted. Hurrah! Now if we can only remember where we stowed the stuff we've moved! I dusted and collected a bag of unneeded things that I hope my cousins will take away and keep for us until we return in the spring.

Then David and I borrowed the dock car for boat errands and groceries. Finding exactly what David was looking for took forever, and I'd neglected to bring my book or other entertainment. AND the car we borrowed had a flat tire - a slow leak but it was nearly flat when we got it and didn't notice that until the first stop. Drove the car to the garage where the mechanic wondered the problem since the tire was only flat on one side. He added air and we went on our way, tentatively. I lacked patience. Just ask David if you don't believe me.

Brought the car back and decided we needed a walk. Put our long sleeves and vests on and took off down the boardwalk.
Signal flags identify the dockmaster office in Beaufort, NC

Found the National Park Service office and discovered the ferry to Shackleford Island where the wild ponies live. Then walked down Ann St to see the houses which are varied in architectural style. Came upon an OLD graveyard and spent some time there reading and wondering about the lives of these earlier residents. I think the grave yard was deeded to the town in the early-mid-1700s.
Some graves were "resurfaced" with bricks as in left of photo
A family of wealth, I expect. Great site-specific dance/photo site
It was a wonderful, peaceful, quiet place with little wind though the wind was fierce outside.
A stone rubbing of this one 
The juxtaposition of the gate to the stones caught my eye
canopy

vines
Stopped in the pub and had beers with our wooden nickles - courtesy of the dockmaster - then to grace to make dinner and start/finish some projects.

A surprise - no yoga in Beaufort. A dance studio that I'll try to investigate tomorrow but no yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment