Monday, April 18, 2016

4/17/26         Sunday             Morehead City, NC


WINDY!!! Still. Not still as in calm but still windy. It lays down at night and until around 9 AM when we all get hopeful that it will stay calm. No such luck........yet. But tomorrow is promising. So, we're in "prepare to leave" mode. Which tends to put me into bit of a snark mood. My triple Capricorn decision making, hyper organized (I think, anyway) self kicks in and David doesn't have a chance at making the right decisions (agreeing w/me) as quickly as I want or as I can. Not that all my decisions are correct but they are decisions. So it was best if I worked by myself for awhile. David went shopping. I continued sanding and oiling on the forward, port rails.

Long view of port rails
Success! A beautiful success.
port rails w/oil










Okay I'm a little proud of this work. Can't wait (?) for an in-port chance to refurbish the starboard side which was my first draft at rail oiling and lacks elegance.

We managed to get re-provisioned, buy a hose so we can wash stuff without emptying gallons of water by dishpan, did a laundry late in the day. Then joined our boating neighbors, all of whom are planning to depart tomorrow, for drinks and dinner at the Ruddy Duck on the wharf in Morehead City. We are a fun crew. Several we'll remain in touch w/if we're lucky.
Rob and Tricia True at our table
 

This photo is from a few nights ago (just got it) when our new, next-boat neighbor, friends from Belgrade, ME, came to our house for dinner. So delighted to know them and looking forward to seeing them in Maine. They are putting their boat up for the summer in Morehead City (Jim Moore's Marina) and will re-join the boat next winter.
Hmmm. I know why we're not doing that this year but.....in the future?

So, we're pretty much ready to leave in the morning. Hoping to make Oriental, if Neuse River is rough, or Mayo is it is just a mile chop.




No comments:

Post a Comment