Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday, 9/28/15

Full Moon eclipse last eve. Watched and read and visited with my mom whose spirit was very present. She's the one who taught me to regard, in awe, nature and the mant beauties and mysteries of the universe, lunar and solar eclipses among those beauteous mysteries. So grateful to have her as a parent/teacher/guide and now visiting spirit, and know that we guided each other. I wonder how many lifetimes we've shared before this one and what our various relationships might have been.

Full moon through rigging. Anchor light on left reflecting on deck.
Slow, foggy morning in a lovely, gentle cove of Sand City (? or Beach?). Small home improvement tasks, gluten-free pancakes for breakfast since I found the maple syrup, phone calls. We've lost, for the moment anyway, the sense of urgency. What a relief!

Sand City (or Beach) Long Island, NY, from Grace
I was considering the similarities/differences in travelling by boat and by small airplane since  I did a lot of small airplane travelling when I was a child. Planes take off through the fog and travel above the clouds. In the boat we wait. Could motor  by instruments but what's the fun in that?!? Setting a course, following charts w/way points, being nervous about traffic, constantly checking weather, location, weather...pretty lmuch the same.Planes travel faster; boats slower. Temdim is similar and the need to be alert. Adventure and challenges, danger and pleasure...similar, mostly, though the environment is different..airplanes crash, boats sink.

Amelia has found a new spot to relax curled in to the curl of the sorm ginny or stretched out on the aft deck - only when we're anchored or moored. We keep her in when under way. She's pretty content with that arrangement.

On aft deck looking into the Pilot House
 I'm missing my friends today. Dreamed a couple of times since being on the boat of being at a conference and seeing my friends who were working but I was a participating visitor. Last night's dream my only responsibility was to get out of my bathing suit and into more appropriate clothes before the pre-conference gathering/lecture. I loved seeing friends in my dream and my new role. But, missing folks I made some phone calls and loved hearing voices of loved ones.

In the mist our first view of NYC. Look between the stanchions.

NYC in the mist between the stanchions at left
Our first rainy day motor and now were in a line of guest moorings in Hempstead Harbor about 1 hour from East River at our speed. Two boats in our line are also heading south, one boat is from Rockland, ME.

Twelve days out and much learning about the boat about ourselves and about each other. Small space can get tight. David has taken the dinghy into town for some provisions and to get out for a while. We'll probably hang here for as much as a week as the weather is for serious rain. Grocery shopping and laundry are in my near future. Meanwhile schools of fish about 8" with their spiky tail fins flaxhing swarm this bay...and the full, orange moon is rising over town.Wonder!!!. Totally AWESOME.

Sending love and gratitude out to the universe and to all reading. Journey on.

No comments:

Post a Comment