Saturday, May 26, 2018

Land-bound, Freeport, ME

5/26/18  Freeport - Lynne's house

I did sincerely try to do nothing. Nada. didn't work. So the striving was to do only what interested me. Okay. But I was awake and up at 4:30 A.M. and it was light outside. I puttered in lynne's house. Separated, finished separating 6 months of mail in to "his, hers, ours, boat" piles. TIAA got its own separate pile. The piles are spread on the kitchen counter and there's a large bag of paper to recycle as well.

The azalea is at the side of our driveway. Another is purple and at the back side of the house.

Visit and feed Shannon's cats I think Alex has a bladder infection or something. He's mean and he is not a mean cat and he licks his behind a lot. Ugh. Then to the resale stores in town looking for a light sweater to wear. This in spite of the fact that I lament the fact that I have so may clothes. When searching our house yesterday I found my rain jacket. I'll make another small search tomorrow to see what I have that will keep me warm on chilly tomorrow. I'd like to spread everything from the cedar chest out and start eliminating ast but resist until I've seen our tenant, not wanting to tread on his space.

Shower, trim my hair.
Visit the Freeport Players/Community Chorus yard sale. Bought a book and made my annual donation.
Lunch from the Nappi's store.
Home to Lynne's for a nap - that 4:30 a.m. rising was now getting deflated.

This garden by the front door needs "refreshing." But the bleeding heart thrives.

I did take my coffee down to Kelly's swing overlooking the pond. We have red winged black birds this spring. Joy

Met Lynne for tea/coffee outside Brunswick and we went together to buy plants for our flower pots. On my! that was an expensive trip...in the rain. Tomorrow it is supposed to be cold so not sure when I plant.

All day I was conscious of not wanting to fall into those unconscious patterns of behavior and purposefully did other things...out of pattern. I DID buy chocolate this afternoon....and enjoyed it tonight after dinner.

David made it to Kennebunk and is on a friend's mooring tonight. I'll pick him and Amelia up tomorrow morning. Decided to not try to organize moving off the boat after the long day of motoring. And after dinner here I did some major cleaning just to make Lynne's house more comfortable for me/us for the next several days while the winds, again, loose their breeze. I did not make it to the play I want to see. There are so many responsibilities on land, many fewer on the boat. Too much stuff. Too many attachments...to things and places.

No comments:

Post a Comment